During the Fifties, Gucci again found
equestrian inspiration with its trademark green-red-green web stripe, derived
from a traditional saddle girth. It became an instant success and an instantly
recognizable hallmark of the brand. Opening stores in Milan
and New York,
Gucci started to build its global presence as a symbol of modern luxury.
With the passing of Guccio Gucci in 1953, his sons Aldo, Vasco, Ugo and Rodolfo
took over the business.