- Love it 0
World Restoration Premiere of Leone’s Cinematic Masterpiece With 20 Minutes of Additional Scenes Planned for 2012 Cannes Film Festival
Gucci is pleased to announce that it is extending its commitment to preserving the artistic and cultural heritage of landmark cinema through a 2012 contribution to Martin Scorsese's Film Foundation for the restoration of Sergio Leone’s Once Upon A Time in America (1984). To date, Gucci has donated over USD $2 million to The Film Foundation in its restoration of seven historic film titles.
Through its multi-year partnership with The Film Foundation, Gucci celebrates its own 91-year history which has been strongly influenced by cinema.
- In 2006- A Woman Under The Influence (1974, d. John Cassavetes)
- In 2007- Le Amiche (1955, d. Michelangelo Antonioni)
- In 2008- Wanda (1970, d. Barbara Loden)
- In 2009- Senso (1954, d. Luchino Visconti)
- In 2010- Il Gattopardo (1963, d. Luchino Visconti)
- In 2010- La Dolce Vita (1960, d. Federico Fellini)
- In 2011- support of the restoration of We Can’t Go Home Again (1976, d. Nicholas Ray)
- In 2012- Once Upon A Time In America (1984, d. Sergio Leone)
Still Photographs ©1983 Embassy International Pictures ©2003 Regency Entertainment (USA), Inc. (United States) ©2003 Monarchy Enterprises S.a.r.l. (Canada and rest of world) from the Angelo Novi Collection/Cineteca di Bologna