Your privacy is important to Gucci Australia Pty Ltd. We are committed to protecting your personal information. We are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth) (“Privacy Act”) and other applicable laws affecting your personal information.
Collecting your personal information
We collect personal information from you in a number of ways. For example, we may collect personal information from you when you fill out a customer card, when you take part in a competition or when you give us personal information over the telephone or counter, or through our website.
We also collect your personal information if you choose to make a purchase from our website at www.gucci.com.au. Our practices on the use of your personal information in relation to online shopping are outlined below.
We may also collect personal information about you which you have previously provided to one of our related entities in the Kering Group of Companies (www.kering.com).
Kinds of personal information we collect and hold about you
We generally collect the following types of information from you:
- your name;
- your postal or email address;
- your mobile phone or other contact number;
- your birth day and month;
- your gender;
- credit card details if you are making a purchase;
- purchase history and other information in relation to your dealings with us or another entity in the Kering Group of Companies;
- personal preferences (such as shoe size, clothing size, colour and style preferences); and
- your nationality or country of origin.
Where it is lawful and practicable to do so, we will give you the option to deal with us anonymously or through a pseudonym.
We may collect government-related identifiers (such as Driver’s Licence details), for the purpose of verifying your identity or your purchase.
Without your consent (unless otherwise permitted or required by law) we will not require you to provide information known as sensitive information (i.e. details of race, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, health information etc). If you choose to provide any sensitive information to us, you consent to us collecting that information and using and disclosing it for the purpose for which you disclosed it or as otherwise permitted by law.
If you apply for employment with us, we may also collect information for the purpose of considering your application, including your qualifications and resume as well as reference information from your nominated referees.
In addition to the information listed above, we may collect personal information as otherwise permitted or required by law.
Purposes of collection
We may use and disclose your personal information for the purpose for which we collected it (and related purposes which would reasonably be expected by you), for other purposes to which you have consented and as otherwise authorised or required by law including for the following purposes:
- to conduct a transaction with you
- to maintain your customer account and detail your personal preferences so that we may service you better
- to let you know about our products and services or the products or services of entities in the Kering Group of Companies that might be of interest to you,
- to provide you with after-sales services,
- to verify your identity or to verify your purchase; and
- to conduct research so that we can provide better products and services to you.
Provision of your personal information is, unless stated, voluntary. However, if you do not provide your information we may not be able to complete a transaction with you or provide you with the level of service on which we pride ourselves.
We only market our products or services, or that of our related companies, directly to you with your consent. At any time you may request not to receive direct marketing communications from us by following the steps provided in the relevant communication.
Accuracy and correction of your personal information
We aim to make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure this is the case. This way we can provide you with better service.
If you believe your personal information is not accurate, complete or up to date, please contact us.
Accessing the personal information we hold about you
Subject to some exceptions by law, you can gain access to and correct the personal information we hold about you. Contact our privacy officer (see contact details below) to get a form requesting access and we will respond within a reasonable time period after the request is made. We reserve the right to charge you a reasonable administration fee for granting access where permitted by law. In some cases we may be able to deal with your request over the telephone or over a counter.
How you may complain and how we will deal with your complaints
- You are always welcome to speak directly to our staff and they will do their best to resolve your issue. If investigation is required we will keep you advised of progress. If our staff are unable to resolve the matter, it will be escalated as appropriate.
- You can call our customer service department at 1300 442 878.
- You can email your issue to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can contact our privacy officer (see contact details below).
We take any privacy issues seriously and any complaints will be assessed by an appropriate person with the aim of resolving any issue in a timely and efficient manner. We request that you cooperate with us during this process and provide us much detail as possible in relation to your issue or complaint.
Disclosing your personal information and cross-border disclosures
We may disclose your personal information to other entities within the Kering Group of Companies or to our service providers to conduct our business (for example, email distribution, market research and promotions manangement) or as otherwise authorised or required by law. Some of these entities may be located overseas, including in Hong Kong, Europe and the United States. Before we transfer any of your personal information overseas, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipient does not breach the Australian Privacy Principles unless an exception applies under the Privacy Act.
Security of your personal information
If we no longer need your personal information for a purpose for which it was collected or as required by law, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify such information.
In addition to the above, if you use our website for online shopping, please note that we will use and disclose your personal information for the following additional purposes:
- to proceed with your purchase request, to fulfill your online order and for required accounting activities;
- management of correspondence and to communicate with you regarding your purchase; and
- verification that the data provided for the transaction is complete, valid, correct, and clear of fraudulent markers.
Please note that we require certain personal information from you to complete an order from our website. Failure or refusal to provide accurate information when requested will result in the cancelling of any pending order. Information that is not required (for example, information that is only required for a future marketing purpose) will be clearly marked on the screen. You may choose not to provide us with any information noted to be optional and still continue to successfully use and purchase from the website.
If you start but do not submit an online purchase, we may contact you using any of the contact details you supply to offer help completing your purchase. If you do not submit the on-line purchase, any information you do provide will be kept for 28 days then destroyed.
You may contact us through our privacy officer on the following contact information:
Gucci Australia Pty Ltd of Level 26, 201 Elizabeth St, Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia
Tel No: 1300 442 878